Welcome

Community Manager

Welcome

Hey, welcome to our Crucial Community! You’re amongst friends here and we’d love to know more about you. Feel free to say hello, introduce yourself, tell us a little bit more about you, and hey if you post a photo of your system or favourite Crucial/ Ballistix product, then even better! 😊

Crucial_NG, Crucial Moderator, UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
10 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Welcome

Hello Peeps,

So I thought I would kick this off. My name is Naima and I’m based in our East Kilbride office in Scotland. I’ve been working for Crucial for the past 3.5 years and I moderate the English and French speaking communities. I love what I do and outside of work I am a huge photography fan. I use Crucial RAM and an MX200 SSD in my iMac at home which helps a great deal with my photo editing software but my set up is just standard: I don’t have any fancy lights, water coolers or cases so instead of a photo of my system, I thought I would share some of my own photos with you below.

Looking forward to reading more about you guys and if you ever need any advice, just give me a shout!

Swan.jpg

B&W.JPG

Castle.JPG

Want to be a Super User?
Community Manager

Hi guys,

My name is Heather and I’m based in our Meridian, ID office. I’ve been working at Crucial for almost seven years and I moderate our English community. I have one of the best jobs out there and I love supporting customers on nontraditional platforms. When I am not at work I enjoy spending time with  my little boy, friends, and family.   I do try and find time to game and I enjoy watching Esports competitions. I use Crucial RAM and Crucial SSDs in my computer at home. It’s been amazing how much faster my PC has been after moving away from hard drives. 

I can’t wait to hear more about all of you. Please let us me know if you ever need any support. I am happy to help.

My system specs are: 

Cpu: Intel i5 7600k OC'd to 4.2 GHz
Gpu: Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti Ftw3
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z270-A
RAM: 16GB 3000mhz Ballistix Tactical Tracer

I also have an M550 and an old M4 in this system.  

This a picture of my baby Dylan watching Twitch with his dad. 

IMG_20170423_125146250.jpg

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

My name is Mark.  And I am a computer addict.

I'm a developer of business management software and computer game collector. Smiley Very Happy  I have a ridiculous number of PC games.  I favour turn based strategy, rpg and management/tycoon games.  Though I'll play more or less anything that's not a casual mobile game or a button mashing combo action game.

PC is:

5th gen i7 Extreme 3.5Ghz

Nvidia 1080 (not ti. /feeling jealous. Smiley Tongue )

32GB Crucial RAM

0.5TB Crucial M550, 1TB Crucial MX200, 4 x 3TB HDD's - all full of games!

Soundblaster Z outputting to 5.1 speakers

Corsair K70 keyboard and Logitech G900 mouse

None of this is overclocked (well the 1080 is pre-overclocked a little).  I do tend to overclock but it's kinda fast enough at the minute as I only have a 1920x1200 screen.  Also the system is currently rigged for silence with many low RPM fans.  You can't hear a thing from it, even running the most intensive games so I don't want added heat from OC ramping the fans up!   Even those HDD's are intentionally very slow 5400 RPM ones for quietness.  I look forward to the day SSD's are cheap enough to replace them all with totally silent devices that can actually serve up data at a decent speed (unlike those HDDs)

Want to be a Super User?
Community Manager

I also look forward to the day my back up HDD can be replaced too Smiley Tongue We made some changes to our home computer to help make it more quiet. Systems can be so loud when all the fans are going. I am envious of your almost silent machine. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

Want to be a Super User?
Binary Boss

Hello, I have two Crucial SSD drives and have bought several RAM kits and a GPU in the past. At present I'm using an MX300 525GB 2.5" SSD in my Fujitsu LIFEBOOK A512 along with a 16GB RAM kit for it.

My most recent purchase and the reason I signed up for some assistance is the MX500 500GB SSD in my Antec NSK3100 mATX tower as per below. I'm a linux user and couldn't find the information I was looking for on the support portal so headed here to ask.

EDIT - By the way, if you could approve my first post asking for help that would be much appreciated. I am not a spammer. It contained two links for informative purposes and some code. I edited it a few times for formatting reasons and it got placed in your moderation queue.

IMG_20180402_110228.jpg

Kilobyte Kid

Hi  imIa avid gamer  trying to learn streaming for something to do since been fighting for disability   got a nerver disorder and hand disability from a hand I broke years ago back when I used to weld. I miss it used to be a x-ray welder and enclosed space welder. On railroad pressure vessels it's been rough but hanging in there 

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Another silent PC fan here. My name is Mike.

I remove all HDD from my current PC and put it to NAS. Which is situsted far away from me and PC and I don't hear him. All backups, photos, music, movies etc. stored on that NAS and on PC is only few current games which I play and apps. PC connected with NAS by Ethernet and this enough to watch movies in FullHD.

All other parts in PC is silent except GPU when it full load. But I play with pretty loud speakers and don't hear it)

Community Manager

@DDR128 @Wildcard1978@antikythera  : Hey guys, welcome to the Crucial community. Thanks for dropping by and feel free to have a browse around our blog, hangout and forum posts and if you have any questions please let me know! If you see anyone post a question that you can help with, please jump in and offer some advice, we're all here to help one another so it will be highly appreciated!

Want to be a Super User?
Binary Boss

I've just replaced that heatsink in the photo above with an Arctic Alpine M1 fanless heatsink. It's a sizeable lump of aluminium but the silence is golden Smiley Wink