AFPS inventor error

Bit Baby

AFPS inventor error

After waiting for 3 hours for my new ssd to restore from my previous Mac hard drive and at the last minute I received an AFPS inverter error. Anyone know to solve this.
3 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: AFPS inventor error

I'm not sure what that is as I've never personally encountered it.  From the information on this page, it looks like it might be an image of the drive before being converted from HFS+ to APFS so it could keep data safe & mobile during the conversion process, but I really don't know.  They have instructions on converting it to a mountable DMG to access data within it.

See my suggestions in this post for alternate methods to set up your new SSD.   Since you are using a version of OSX with APFS support, you could boot using Internet Recovery to perform the steps in paragraph two of my linked post.

Bit Baby

Thank you for your reply! I ended up using “SuperDuper!” And that worked first time. Your method would hopefully work for others that encounter my issue.
JEDEC Jedi

I'm not sure SuperDuper creates the Recovery Partition, but I know Carbon Copy Cloner does.   Otherwise both apps are good.

Thanks for the update.