Acronis software not expanding image into larger SSD

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Acronis software not expanding image into larger SSD

I used Acronis True Image software to copy my C drive with windows 10 from my Samsung 120GB ssd to my new Crucial 520 GB ssd. The copy was successful but it did not expand the new SSD and I was left with a large unuseable recovery partition. I then managed to delete the partitions from the ssd and reformat it. However when I tried to use Acronis to make another copy using the manual function, I was not able to reduce the size of the NTFS partition called “Windows RE Hidden, PQ, MirOS”. Do I have to do the copy and then use some software to change this partition? Is this partition different from the recovery partition I got on my first attempt at copying. I have read many threads and found no answers to my problem.

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Acronis software not expanding image into larger SSD

@RosieZCrucial Thanks for your message. This does situation does happen from time to time. We have an article here that should help you get rid of this partition. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns after reading the article. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Highlighted
Silicon Sultan

Re: Acronis software not expanding image into larger SSD

I've had quite good luck using easeUS for cloning, etc. i would recommend it to anyone.