Kilobyte Kid

Re: BIOS settings for new install

Also tried both of the possible SATA ports with every setup possible

Kilobyte Kid

Sry CT500MX500SSD1

Kilobyte Kid

Still got the item this weekend then I´ll send it back and request a new one, if that fails too... I´m gonna be mad

Kilobyte Kid

Also, as a storage it worked, identified, everything, just impossible to boot from it

JEDEC Jedi

Not to offend you, but since I don't know your experience level I thought I should mention that if you make any BIOS/UEFI changes you should erase the drive and re-install Windows again since it may not have the necessary drivers to boot the system with the BIOS/UEFI changes.   Your issue seems more like an incorrect setting or a software issue than it does an SSD issue.

To be absolutely sure, try installing Ubuntu Linux on the SSD.  It is easy to install if you let it use the whole drive.  If it can boot successfully then you know the SSD will work fine in your system.  Ubuntu will be a bit more forgiving with BIOS/UEFI settings and drivers than Windows.  You then just have to set up the BIOS/UEFI to work properly with Windows.   In the Windows installer, delete all partitions, then select install to let Windows manage all of the partitions on the drive (Do NOT click New).  If you try to create a partition on the drive before installing Windows you may be creating an incorrect layout which will cause a boot issue.  If the drive has an MBR layout it will not work when the BIOS/UEFI settings are set for UEFI booting or vice versa.   You could Secure Erase the SSD to make sure there is absolutely nothing on the drive before installing Windows.

Kilobyte Kid

Khm... as I wrote it was a virgin install on a virgin ssd. With every possible bios change I tried new windows reinstall as well (it takes about 7 minutes only thanks to you guys) also I didn't try to partition it myself, was letting windows do the work automatically. Last try tomorrow with ubuntu and last hope... I'll report about the results
Kilobyte Kid

About my experience: my first PC was a 486dx4-100 back in 1994 and ever since I repair, maintain and clean my own. I'm using windows since 1997 and Diablo 1 all done by myself. Met a couple of issues already, but not like this. Also the net is full of this complaint with at least 50 different solutions for it. I kept on trying for 3 full days.