BX100 Upgrade Done. What's Next After First Boot ?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

BX100 Upgrade Done. What's Next After First Boot ?

I just cloned the WD Blue hard drive in my old HP 500B MT Business PC running Windows 7. No probs using Acronis True Image on to the new Crucial BX100 via usb. Booted right up !

Are there any adjustments I should make to the system now that it is up and running fine ?

Thanks,

Joe

4 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: BX100 Upgrade Done. What's Next After First Boot ?

Hi Joe,

1. Check if the partitions on the SSD are aligned properly, you can do it with AS SSD Benchmark, it should show you green OK in the upper left part of the window.

2. You can run windows WEI assessment in order to let the system know it works on SSD now.

3. Usually this step is not necessary but you can run TRIMCheck tool to make sure TRIM commands are working properly.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hey Bogdan, thanks for the reply. I downloaded AS SSD Benchmark and I have included a screenshot. I had already done the WEI assessment. My start up times are 15 seconds or less and shut down takes 7 or 8 secs. Adobe programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash open in a flash now. Overall I am very satisfied with the improvements in performance given the SATA 2 interface.

Cheers,

Joe

CrucialTest.png

JEDEC Jedi

Benchmark looks good to me and it says C: partition is aligned OK. It indicates that the drive is working in IDE mode however I think it is possible your motherboard supports only IDE and there is no AHCI (AHCI would give you slightly better performance), you may check that in BIOS. 

Have you run TRIMCheck to verify proper TRIM operation?

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Conclusion: TRIM appears to be WORKING !   I will take a look at the BIOS re: IDE vs AHCI. Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers,

Joe