Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 freeze

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 freeze

On my SSD I get event 129 storahci on laptop with core i7-7700HQ. After replace this SSD in PC with Ryzen 1600 I get event 129 too. When I get this event Windows freeze 1 minute. In bios enabled AHCI mode. Tested with original and manufacturer AHCI drivers.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 freeze

Is the MX300's firmware up to date?  The latest version is M0CR060.

Please post a screenshot of the MX300's SMART Attributes which can be viewed using Crucial Storage Executive.

How much free space does your MX300 have?

You might want to let the system sit at the BIOS boot menu overnight so the SSD's internal controller can work its magic.  It does this best when the drive is powered on, but not being accessed.  The same thing can be achieved by only connecting the power cable to the SSD and letting it sit powered on without the data cable connected.  Perhaps your system is never idle long enough for the SSD to perform its internal maintenace routines especially if the drive is having an issue that requires more time to correct.

If you installed Acronis on the boot drive, then uninstall it as it can cause this problem on some systems.

You should disable power management on the SSD as it is not really needed and it can cause freezes if the SSD is waking up (the system may be awake, but the SSD was put in low power mode because it was not being accessed).  You could set Windows power options to high performance.

If your system supports it, enable hot swap on the SATA port for your MX300.  I'm not sure if this is done through the driver or the BIOS/UEFI settings.

Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 freeze

Event 129 storahci occurred because BitLocker encryption was enabled on one of the disk partitions. After disable BitLocker ssd works fine.