Crucial MX300 750G SSD not showing up in Windows 10 Device Manager

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial MX300 750G SSD not showing up in Windows 10 Device Manager

Hi targetbsp,

Thanks for your info and I’m in Asia region and I’ve managed to have a Live Chat session with Crucial UK Customer Support person, he has suggested a reinitialize the MX300 method by connecting it as a second disk via a USB connector to another notebook to get the device name recognise by Win 10 Device Manager, however as I’ve consider this Acer Aspire E5 574G require to remove 20 screws to open up the base cover before take out the SSD unit, It is really a time consuming task, and the name mis-match might not have cause problems, meanwhile I shall monitor it for a while before next cause of action.

I will continue to search for Crucial website support knowledge base for a solution.

i would very much appreciate for anyone can help to provide a quick solutionI

Best Regards
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Hi targetbsp, bogdan,

Good day. I would like to update my Acer Aspire E5-574G note-book of Crucial MX300 750GB SSD incorrectly name in Windows 10 Device Manager has been resolved, I’ve found a forum post in Superuser.com provided a quick good solution and also a post in Win-raid.com & Intel website links on Intel(R) Chipset Device Software details information:

1. http://superuser.com/questions/957488/getting-windows-to-recognize-new-ssd-after-cloning-and-swappin...
  2. http://www.win-raid.com/t895f42-Intel-Chipset-Device-quot-Drivers-quot-INF-files.html
  3. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

The solution is run msconfig command to change setting select Safe mode boot and delete the wrong name disk driver, then a reboot again to update the device driver and the Crucial CT750MX300SSD1 name was updated accordingly, finally an unselect Safe mode and re-boot Windows 10 back to normal operation and issue resolved.

*The Fernando's Win-RAID Forum (Storage Drivers) preliminary notes regarding Intel's Chipset drivers is also great help for my understanding on Device Manager real driver (= .SYS file) is just a textmode (= .INF) files, I've also noticed the SSD disk driver is the same Microsoft version 10.0.14393.0 (21/6/2006).

Thank you to both of you great helps and Best Regards.

JEDEC Jedi

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting back the answer you found. Smiley Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Nicely found Richardhu829! I can confirm it works Smiley Happy

And yes, Fernando's forum is a great source of drivers related informations, especially when you need a driver for an older system.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?