Crucial MX300 M.2 - Remove sticker = void warranty ?

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Crucial MX300 M.2 - Remove sticker = void warranty ?

Hello,

Just one question about the sticker of MX300 M.2 drive.

I want to put an heatsink on my M.2 drive for better cooling memory/controller temperature and decrease the effect of the graphic card heating the M.2 Smiley Sad

For one time, I can't read any "remove this sticker void the warranty" on the sticker so I can remove the sticker on my M.2 drive and put thermal paste for increase the efficiency of the heatsink ?

Thank you for your reply

Best Regards

EDIT : Crucial continue like that !
Our entreprise buy about ~1000 crucial sata drives and no one issue with your drive it's just incredible. Standard HDD has bad sector, crash or other problem with time or DAO on a high number of computers but your SSD no one problem even old M4 128Gb drive continue to run !
Acronis for clone your drive is a very good software and all my personnal computers have Crucial SSD different model but all run perfectly without any issue.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Crucial MX300 M.2 - Remove sticker = void warranty ?

@nings Thank you for contacting us today. Unfortunately, adding a heat stink or removing a sticker on our drives will void the warranty. We don't advise making any modifications. It would be best to something else to get better air flow in the system to cool the drive. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.
Kilobyte Kid

"Warranty is void if removed stickers" are illegal and any attempt to deny warranty on devices cleared by FCC will  be met with fines.

JEDEC Jedi

@squall_leonhart wrote:

"Warranty is void if removed stickers" are illegal and any attempt to deny warranty on devices cleared by FCC will  be met with fines.

I would caution before you take that statement as a blanket fact that the FTC have no juristiction outside America... Smiley Happy  So if you're not American you do still have to avoid 'voiding the warranty'

JEDEC Jedi

@squall_leonhart wrote:

Also, the Crucial stickers have identifying information on them and are not just a "Warranty is void" sticker blocking access to a device.

Community Manager

@targetbsp and @HWTech are both correct. I would also like to add that without the label on a M.2 drive or a memory module we can be unable to identify if we even manufactured it. A PCB board manufactured from a different vendor often can look the same as ours.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.
Kilobyte Kid

Unfortunately you are both mistaken

Any product sold within the USA immediately becomes regulated by american trade law,

Crucials parent company is also headquartered in the USA (Micron is in Idaho).

Nintendo and Sony were among the lists of companies issued infringement notices and ordered to comply with the removal of these stickers.

You have a serious QC issue if your product is not being stamped with an identifiable marker on the PCB, a sticker is an invalid means of doing this, as stickers naturally come off as a matter of heat/cool cycles.

JEDEC Jedi

@squall_leonhart wrote:

Any product sold within the USA immediately becomes regulated by american trade law,

Try telling that to the EU, China, Canada or Mexico. Smiley Very Happy