Crucial Storage Executive and msecli error

JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial Storage Executive and msecli error

How are you connecting the M.2 drives to your system? It seems to me that this mobo doesn't have SATA M.2 port and if you are trying to make it work via some kind of PCIe or USB adapter this may be the reason of your issues.

Kilobyte Kid

I'm using a Sata to m.2 adapter. The os is not complaining. No errors. Everything on the PC runs good....except for this app.
Kilobyte Kid

The adapter is connected to one of the sata port.
Kilobyte Kid

I just reinstalled the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver with "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" .  msecli -L  still crashes.

JEDEC Jedi

I'd imagine the use of an adapter is your issue.  Do you have another system with a real m.2 slot you can connect it to temporarily for the purposes of carrying out this action?

msecli is a low level program specifically for interacting with the drive.  It's likely not expecting to find an m.2 drive at the end of a sata port.  All your other programs that work fine won't be interacting with the drive as directly as that utility.

Kilobyte Kid

I connected the same adapter on another Lenovo laptop (win 10) and works fine with msecli .  Why is that ?

Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Adapters can be picky about the hardware they work with.   I've had some work with 99% of the computers, but I'll stumble across one where it won't work at all.  It just happens sometimes.  As for M.2 adapters, I really haven't been impressed with the options out there.