Crucial Storage Executive won't recognise my new Drive

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial Storage Executive won't recognise my new Drive

I have just installed a new MX500 to replace an existing disk drive.  The installation and cloning of the old drive was trouble free and the system is now performing so much faster. 

However when I installed the Crucial Storage Executive software it doesn't recognise the new drive. I suspect that this is because the the original disk was set up as a RAID in bios and the cloning process has kept it the same?  I am not sure why the original drive was shiiped set up as RAID as there is only one drive in the computer!  Is there any way to get the Storage Executive software to recogniise the drive or is there a way to reconfigure my PC so it is not a RAID drive (without a full operating system reinstall)?

Also do I need to install the firmware upgrade to M3CR022 - I am not sure what version I am on as the properties only show as M3CR and it doesn''t give the number (so it could be 010 or 022)?  I would prefer to do this through Storage Executive if possible as I am not a computer tech!!!

I appreciate any advice you can give.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: Crucial Storage Executive won't recognise my new Drive

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing the Crucial MX500 and your question. The Crucial Storage Executive will not work fully if the system is in RAID. You can look up on the internet how to switch from RAID to AHCI with your OS. Then you can follow those steps, if it will not work you can make the SATA configuration switch in the BIOS and then perform a fresh install of the OS. 

Crucial_AgentC, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Thanks, I was afraid that would be the case. It is not worth the effort that it would take to reinstall the system and all the software. I will just have to live without the Storage Exec.

Is there any way to tell which firmware version I am on as per the second part of my original post.

Thanks again.

JEDEC Jedi

There's a variety of diagnostic and benchmarking software that would be able to give you that info.  http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html is one.

But even Windows device manager may be able to if you double click the drive, go to details and then Hardware IDs

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?