Does Crucial have an SSD for the Lenovo Thinkpad T60 type 2007

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Does Crucial have an SSD for the Lenovo Thinkpad T60 type 2007

I have a Lenovo T60 laptop that I'd like to upgrade to an SSD. I downloaded the Crucial analyzer and it told me my laptop is "type 2007", and it listed memory upgrades but no SSD upgrades. I looked up other "types" of Lenovo T60s to see if there are SSDs compatible with those and I found that some other "types" of Lenovo T60 (for example "type 1951") DO have guaranteed-compatible SSDs, while most (like my "type 2007") do not. It seems strange that these variations of the same model would be so different that some would have SSD upgrades and others would not. So Crucial will not guarantee the my "type 2007" has a compatible SSD. Does  this mean that there is a high likelihood that an SSD guaranteed for a similar machine (e.g. for the type 1951) will NOT work in my machine?

Tags (4)
1 Reply
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Does Crucial have an SSD for the Lenovo Thinkpad T60 type 2007

If they don't list it compatible, it's just as likley to mean they've never tested it as it not being compatible.

If the computer takes sata drives then any sata drive should work - unless they screwed up the sata standard somehow in your PC (unlikely - but not unheard of)