Does Momentum Cache still only work on boot drive (Windows)?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Does Momentum Cache still only work on boot drive (Windows)?

Hi,

The subject line says it all really.  I have a Samsung SSD as boot drive (Widows 10 Pro 64 bit) and an MX500 1Tb as a data drive.  I've read that previous versions of Momentum Cache only work on boot drive - is that still the case?

(Whilst posting, can I say, if anyone from Crucial reads this, your UK support site is a total disaster!  The 'Chat' option doesn't work because, although I selected a 'Category' and filled ALL of the fields it still says 'This information is required for the Category field'.  Try to phone?  Nah, after choosing Consumer or Business it just hangs up on you.  Email support?  Nah, no email support.  Deary deary!  Hope the drives work better!)

Pete

2 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Does Momentum Cache still only work on boot drive (Windows)?

@pete99 wrote:

I've read that previous versions of Momentum Cache only work on boot drive - is that still the case?

As far as I know, yeah.  As in... I've not seen any news to the effect that this has changed.  But I've not tried it.

Kilobyte Kid

Re: Does Momentum Cache still only work on boot drive (Windows)?

OK, thank you!

I don't understand why there should be a difference between caching on a boot drive versus a data drive, or what Momentum Cache does that's different from Windows write-caching (more optimised for the ssd controller?) but hey-ho, it is what it is!

Thanks again.

Pete