Feedback Thread for Crucial Storage Executive, Version 3.43

Kilobyte Kid

Re: Feedback Thread for Crucial Storage Executive, Version 3.43

Is there any changelog for Crucial Storage Executive 3.58.062018.05?  Does anyone know the changes in CSE 3.58?  Thanks in advance.

Bit Baby

No idea, but just installed it and it still doesn't work on my Windows 7 32-bit computer.  Can't detect the drive although the drive is working fine.

Kilobyte Kid

App 3.58.062018.05 in use, Windows 7 x64. AMD FCH Hudson-M1. SATA AHCI port & driver.

SSD is CT480BX300SSD1 with M2CR010 Fw.

How ist the plain explanation of the fact written in the mseapiLogfile.txt:

"Drive Drive0 is behind an HBA which does not return sense data. Marking Drive as not supporting sanitize!"?

JEDEC Jedi

@DederoniX  Many motherboards have a set of basic non-RAID SATA ports and another set of RAID capable SATA ports.  Check your motherboard user manual and make sure your SSD is on a standard non-RAID SATA port configured for ACHI mode.  If you are still unsure, post the full make & model of your motherboard.

My guess is your SSD is installed on one of the SATA ports supporting RAID which is blocking the necessary commands used for Sanitizing the drive.  If RAID is enabled in the BIOS/UEFI settings you could try disabling it first and retrying the Sanitize, but most likely you will need to connect the SSD to another non-RAID port.

Kilobyte Kid

datas for my HTPC:

M/B:

Asus E35M1-I Deluxe, BIOS 1501, AMD Fusion Gen1 APU System, K14 CPU E-350 2x 1600MHz, "Southbridge" A50M FCH (Hudson-M1) Rev. 4,  (Marketing Bizz Speak: Zacate w Bobcat CPU & Wrestler GPU & Socket FT1 FCH).

The M/B offers 6 ports SATA 3 (6 Gb/s).

There is no RAID option.

I can configure all ports only to use AHCI or IDE.

AIDA tells also me the state of "AGESA: OntaroPIV1.0.9.0".

AHCI driver in use is AMD SATA V1.2.1.402. Switch over to MSAHCI did not change the message of CSE.

Kilobyte Kid

Sorry to cut in, but is there a help thread where I can find where my post went?

Cheers.

Kilobyte Kid

The latest SE 3.60.082018.04 from October 2018 is using JVM Version 8 Update 162

(C:\Program Files\Crucial\Crucial Storage Executive\java\release) from February 2018.

While the current JVM is Version 8 Update 191 (Release date October 16, 2018).

This is a good security joke, as everyone knows, that Java is one most vulnerable product.

Randomly googled article: 

https://www.csoonline.com/article/2875535/application-security/java-is-the-biggest-vulnerability-for...