Identify Fake drive

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Identify Fake drive

001.jpg002.jpgRecently I've purchased a Kingston SSD drive and it turned out to be a fake. I now have purchased another one by Crucial from ebay. How do i know the drive is not a fake?

6 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Identify Fake drive

Not buying it from ebay would go a long way towards making sure it wasn't fake. Smiley Very Happy

Seriously though, there were fakes of earlier models and they mostly just didn't work.  I've not heard of recent fakes.  But if they are - these are cutting edge electronics and it's hard to believe they'd be able to create working knock offs with the same levels of performance.

SODIMM Sherpa

Hi @jythuang,

Please reply to this post and click the "photos" icon to insert a photo.  Let me know if you need further assistance on thisphotos.JPG

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

I am using Google Chrome, the Photo button does not allow me select pictures from my desktop. Any idea?

SODIMM Sherpa

@jythuang wrote:

I am using Google Chrome, the Photo button does not allow me select pictures from my desktop. Any idea?

Can you please tell me if there is a error it's giving you? Or can you screenshot the error and upload to a photo hosting website to share?  

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
JEDEC Jedi

It works for me under Chrome. You should click 'Choose files' button in the center of the window and after photos uploading you click 'Done' button in the lower right corner of the window. 

1.PNG2.PNG

Kilobyte Kid

Finally got the pictures up. 

I have also contacted CSR via chat last night. It turns out my drive is authentic, horray!