MX200 and AHCI/IDE

Kilobyte Kid

Re: MX200 and AHCI/IDE

I don't have any IDE disk devices. Reference to IDE disk devices was a moment of mental abberation on my part, or I was referring to the BIOS option to access disks in IDE or AHCI mode.

I've made an "interesting" discovery! Purely out of curiosity, I ran IOBit Driver Booster and the resulting list of drivers has me puzzled. Every SATA device is listed five times. The first four times annotated as "ATA Device (Unplugged)" and the fifth time as "SCSI Disk Device". There are further references to the disk drives with the description "ATA xxxxxx...xx SCSI Disk Device (Unplugged)" where xxx...xx is a description of the HDD.

Device Manager also refers to them all as SCSI Disk Devices.

I presume that perhaps these multiple occurrences are only refering to the existence of drivers.

Puzzled.

Kilobyte Kid

I've been assuming that these figures related to the speed of access to the SSD and, therefore, the smaller the value the better (i.e faster), but having just run a set of tests, including going back to IDE in BIOS, and then sat staring at figures I thought must be wrong, I've decided that these figures actually relate to the amount of data read/written per second and, therefore, the bigger the better (more per second).

I think I'm happy now and this post has been done to death (by me)!

Thanks to everybody

JEDEC Jedi

@WeDontByte wrote:

I've been assuming that these figures related to the speed of access to the SSD and, therefore, the smaller the value the better 

You haven't read the manual, I can't believe that Smiley Wink

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

At the risk of seeming even more stupid.......

Smiley Embarassed.

What AS SSD manual?

There was no "Read Me" in the downloaded zip file; there's no "Help"; the web site is in German and, even with Google translations, I couldn't find anything that seemed to explain what the figures represented; and searching the web for a manual only produced SSD installation manuals.

With hindsight, its now obvious, but ....

JEDEC Jedi

Nah, it was just a joke Smiley Happy

Exactly because of this Smiley LOL

@WeDontByte wrote:

There was no "Read Me" in the downloaded zip file; there's no "Help"; the web site is in German and, even with Google translations

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Nice one! Smiley Frustrated