MX300 500gb Not responding

Bit Baby

MX300 500gb Not responding

All of a sudden this drive is acting slow & not responding for a few seconds then will work normally. It keep doing this over & over. No isuues under device manager & has passed every test. The health is at 90% with a low temp. I replaced the cable & then changed the port it is plugged into on my mb. No difference. I have plenty of free space on it. I have not done the latest firmware & not sure if that could help. Any thoughts?

2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX300 500gb Not responding

Please post a screenshot of the SMART Attributes for the SSD.   You can use Crucial Storage Executive for this or GSmartControl which has a portable version which doesn't require installation.   

If you are on any firmware older than M0CR060 then you should definitely update it.  I've had issues on the older firmwares where bad blocks don't get reallocated properly. 

Chances are you will need to run a chkdsk on the filesystem followed by a scan of the system files to verify them using "sfc /scannow". 

Enable hot plug or disable power management of the SSD or put it into performance mode.

Bit Baby

Re: MX300 500gb Not responding

I have not upgraded the firmware ever. I am grabbing that software now. I ran Hard Disk Sentinel & showed evrerything was great. TRIM on low temp no issues. The drive still works it just has a few second delay everytime when you try to open, copy or delete anything on it.

Tags (1)