MX300 on NForce Chipset: loads of nvstor64 errors

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

MX300 on NForce Chipset: loads of nvstor64 errors

I have upgraded more then a dozen systems with Crucial SSDs. But this Asus laptop is not cooperating with the SSD at all. The laptop is an X5DID from around 2009. As soon as the original Harddisk was replaced with a crucial MX300 SSD it started getting troublesome: Delays and hangs when transferring files. Windows 7 Eventviewer is full of errors related to 'nvstor64'. Which I assume is the Nvidia NForce Chipset AHCI storage driver. I tried several version of this driver with no success (11.1.0.26 to 11.1.0.43). I tried the standard Microsoft AHCI Sata driver but it actually bricked the Windows 7 installation, and I had to clone it again. The 'nvstor64' errors were of type ID 3 initially, but after disabling 'queing' in the driver setting they changed to ID 9 mostly.
The Laptop BIOS was updated and AHCI was/is enabled.
Please Advise

3 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX300 on NForce Chipset: loads of nvstor64 errors

The nforce chipsets were flawed and can't successfully negotiate with a sata 3 drive.  Still, it should fall back to sata 1 and at least actually work at a low speed rather than error...

If you're having no luck with the nvidia driver and can't switch to microsofts, it might be that you need to clean install Windows on it without the nforce drivers.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Thanks for confirming this as a chipset flaw. Considering the options and the chance of success: I will just reinstall the original harddisk drive and use the SSD in some other system.

Bit Baby

There was an error where it will be going to provide the function for it where the value will be going to get the errors for the loads of nvstor64 which manage it through MX300 on NForce and that need to get it worked hp australia support through it will be having the process it.