MX500 m2 not found in bios

Kilobyte Kid

MX500 m2 not found in bios

Hi there.

I have just got a PC with Asus TUF B450-M Plus and Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD in it.

It doesn't see the SSD in bios. So it's not possible to install OS on it.

As motherboard the spec says, it supports PCI-E and SATA M.2 storages. But, there is no setting in bios for SATA/PCI-E mode for M.2 also.

Do you have any ideas on why this happens?

3 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX500 m2 not found in bios

@pbalin wrote:

I have just got a PC with Asus TUF B450-M Pro and Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD in it.

Does it mean someone else has installed the drive for you? If so, maybe it would be worth giving a try to reseat the drive in the M.2 socket or try the second one (the mobo has two M.2 sockets).

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

You are correct, I had it with all parts already installed.

Sorry for misleading, I meant TUF B450-M Plus with 1 M2 slot https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING/. I've fixed the topic text

JEDEC Jedi

Make sure no drives are connected to the SATA5/6 ports on the motherboard as they share resources with the M.2 SATA slot and will interfere.  Make sure the M.2 slot is activated if there is a BIOS setting.  You may also need to deactivate the SATA 5/6 ports.  Look around the BIOS/UEFI settings for other possible M.2/SATA/drive settings.

Also make sure your BIOS firmware is up to date.  You may want to reset the BIOS/UEFI settings to defaults (or optimized defaults).  You may want to save the original settings just in case something is customized that you are not aware.