MX5000 endurance test

Kilobyte Kid

MX5000 endurance test

Good morning, doea anyone know about a real endurance test for MX500 devices (or multi test of more vendors)?

I wonder for the past year when the drives are on the market nobody yet didn't launch it.

3 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX5000 endurance test

Not that I've heard of.  And it takes literally years to complete so there results wouldn't be ready now even if there was one in progress.

Note also that if this was anything other than idle curiosity (ie. you were going to judge which drive to buy off the back of it) the results are statistically useless due to like one drive of each model being tested rather than hundreds.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

The only SSD endurance test I'm aware of took place from about 2013-2015 and only involved a few devices a couple of which used early TLC models.  It is interesting to see how drives behaved in general and failed in the end, but it doesn't really tell you one drive is better than another.   With the constantly changing technology in the SSDs, any test will likely be irrelevant by the time it finishes.

Most of the current consumer SSDs are using TLC NAND (soon to be replaced by QLC) so they all share the same limitations.  The more important part is how the various drives implement workarounds to keep performance levels reasonably high.

JEDEC Jedi

There was this one as well but it's ever older: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271063-SSD-Write-Endurance-25nm-Vs-34nm

I'm guessing after these experiements people decided they didn't have the time/money to burn through drives like these when they turned otu to be a lot more resiliant than those early second generation SSD's (Indilinx etc)!

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?