Need link to new MX300 firmware, M0CR070

Kilobyte Kid

Need link to new MX300 firmware, M0CR070

Hello,

I have an MX300 525GB drive that will not update through Storage Executive and need a link to the new firmware released yesterday, labeled M0CR070. The download page still shows M0CR060 as the current release even though CSE on another machine with the same drive allowed me to downlwoad M0CR070.

Please and spank you.

11 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Need link to new MX300 firmware, M0CR070

They'll post a thread on here soon about it.  And it'll be available here http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd?cm_re=us-support-_-main-_-firmware-update-link

I guess they need time to update things.

Kilobyte Kid

Can someone share the changelog?

Kilobyte Kid

@jaegerschnitzel wrote:

Can someone share the changelog?

• SMART Attribute 198 was not reset at start of each background scan
  • Improved compatibility with Micron JMB394 RAID controller
  • Improved drive error handling
  • Disable APM
  • General stability improvements
  • Second source enablement
Kilobyte Kid

Apparently I marked my reply as the solution, but cannot find a way to undo that.

{Edited to remove inappropriate and/or word filter evasion content}

Kilobyte Kid

Hello,

I have MX300 with M0CR060 firmware.

I'm trying to update it to M0CR070, but it is not possible.

I have installed latest Storage Executive Version: 3.60.082018.04 and downloaded the firmware file MX300_M0CR070_Firmware_Update.zip

If i try to update it via SE, it shows errors:

MX300-firmware-upgrade-error

Could you please advise?

Thanks.

JEDEC Jedi

Kilobyte Kid

What are you trying to say with that link?

That page is not loading properly and of course I have downloaded the firmware from the crucial web page and read all the documentation 'how to upgrade' before.

There is some another error on crucial side, why the Storage Executive shows red Firmware NOT Available error and also error while trying to update the MX300 firmware with the correct ZIP file.

I do not want to update via bootable USB, but via Storage Executive - and that's NOT working at the moment.

JEDEC Jedi

That ZIP file is not correct in terms of so-called Crucial Storage Executive's 'Manual Firmware Update'. Storage Executive is expecting other type of file for that purpose and as far as I know Crucial don't provide files for this kind of firmware update.

In case you don't want to update via bootable USB your only option is to make Crucial Storage Executive to work. Unfortunatelly I don't know how to help with the error you are encountering Smiley Sad

JEDEC Jedi

@denial wrote:

What are you trying to say with that link?

Sorry, the thread title was 'need a link to the firmware'. So I supplied one Smiley Very Happy  I was in a hurry this morning and didn't realise you were in an older thread. Smiley Happy

There seems to be something wrong with Storage Exec atm so if you want to do it that way, hang on until Crucial mend it. Smiley Happy

https://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Did-i-upgraded-firmware/m-p/187351#M57426