New SSD won't boot to Windows 7

Kilobyte Kid

New SSD won't boot to Windows 7

Updated my Dell Precision T3600 by replacing my HDD with a Crucial MX500GB 3D NAND SATA SSD. Cloned the drive, made sure I had all the newest drivers and BIOs. When I boot the computer I get “All of the disks from your previous configuration are gone. Press any key to continue or C to load configuration utility. If I hit any key the computer boots to Windows with no problems, but when I reboot get the same old message. What do I need to do to have the computer boot to Windows with out getting the message? Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: New SSD won't boot to Windows 7

Is this a Windows message or a Dell system message?

Try using the Automatic Startup Repair Utility which can be found on the Advanced Windows Boot Menu by pressing F8 during boot, or from the Windows installer (accessed from the "Repair this computer" link).  Accessing it with either option, you will need to navigate through a couple of menus before finding it (Troubleshooting --> Advanced).

What happens if you use the Configuration Utility?

Is your system using UEFI booting and is Secure Boot enabled?  Maybe try disabling Secure Boot.

Kilobyte Kid

Not sure how to use the configuration utility, don't want to screw up the BIOS.

JEDEC Jedi

Dell lock their BIOS's down so there isn't anything you can screw up.  They only allow you the safe stuff.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?