SSD MX200 500GB stopped working

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

SSD MX200 500GB stopped working

Early last year I purchased an MX200 SSD (CT500MX200SSD1) and used it for only a couple of months since soon after I switched to a new system with an NVME.

Now I have finally set up a secondary PC in which I was using this drive for the last three weeks with no issues. Yesterday I powered down the computer and as of today the drive is not recognized anymore. The PC boots into BIOS where the drive is no longer listed.

I switched ports and cables, tried the drive in a USB docking station on my main PC (it's not recognized there either) and did the power cycle a couple of times. The only thing that changed after power cycle is that the PC now even has troubles to boot into BIOS when the drive is attached. Other drives work fine.

There was no power loss, I didn't format the drive or performed any action, that is known to cause damage/corruption/issues. The drive itself has only been lightly used so far.

Since I saw no way to revive the SSD I went to the Crucial support page to claim my warranty and RMA the drive. There I am asked for a material number, but I can't find it on the drive. I have:

Model, P/N, WWN, L/N, PSID and an unnamed code that starts with MSIP-REM... None of them is accepted as the material number by Crucial's input form.

Can anyone tell me how to RMA the SSD (I live in Germany) or is there a something else I could do to make my MX200 work again?

Thx in advance

3 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: SSD MX200 500GB stopped working

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing with your MX200 SSD. Since the power cycle procedure did not correct the issue, as well as connecting the drive to different systems, we would need to look into setting up a replacement for you. The good news is that your drive comes with a 3 year warranty from the date of purchase. The material number that you will need to setup this drive for replacement online is 288737. You can also contact us directly using the information that I have provided below to setup a warranty replacement. We look forward to hearing from you.

Phone Support: 441355586100

Email Support: crucialeusupport@micron.com

Crucial_Ryan, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

[edit]

Beat me to it. Smiley Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Thank you very much, Ryan!

This was very helpful.

I have sucessfully filed a request for replacement at crucial.de.