Sanatized MX100 can't be seen

Kilobyte Kid

Sanatized MX100 can't be seen

I recently sanatized my mx 100 using the crucial program after getting a new SSD. While in the process there was an error. I didn't happen to catch what it said but following that it had completed. I figured I would just have to do the standard disk management initial set up but that has yet to show. I've tried several different cables and data ports on the Mobo. As well as looking in BIOS with nothing to be found.

It appears crucial sanatize has bricked my SSD. While I believe I've always had some problems with this SSD and should of got it replaced a while ago, I think the crucial program stopped it from working. My build is less than 4 years old so I don't have any original packaging/receipts.

Past problem being sometimes my computer would blue screen and not start back up so I'd have to go in BIOS and re-set it to boot from that drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Sanatized MX100 can't be seen

Did you try to sanitize the drive once again? I would probably try that or give ATA secure erase a try (typically I do it with Parted Magic, the last free version can be downloaded from MajorGeeks site). Prior to performing sanitize/ATA secure erase make sure the drive is connected properly or reconnect the cables on both sides (SSD side and motherboard side).

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Ive tried a couple different programs to view the drive and no luck. I will try the one you recommended today.

Kilobyte Kid

I was able to get Parted magic to work but as far as the ssd no luck. I was able to see it in the test disk function found in parted magic but unable to do anything due to a read error. Looks like crucial storage exec did a number on it...

JEDEC Jedi

In that case I would suggest getting in touch with Crucial Customer Service - you can do it via the link in my signature. Maybe they will be able to help.

In the past I have encountered similar issue with a SSD from different producer - the drive went bad after using proprietary SSD tool and it has been replaced.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?