Storage Executive (3.6) Hangs on Splash Screen (W10)

gh1
Kilobyte Kid

Storage Executive (3.6) Hangs on Splash Screen (W10)

Just clean installed latest Storage Executive (3.60) and Java (8.191) on my Windows 10 (Pro) system and can't get it to load past the splash screen. Have read this is a problem others have, but haven't yet got to the bottom of the solution. Any clues?

5 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Storage Executive (3.6) Hangs on Splash Screen (W10)

I have turn my mb controler from Raid to AHCI and installed Java 8.192 beta to make it work...

https://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Crucial-storage-executive-solution-found/m-p/187439
gh1
Kilobyte Kid

Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad E560 with the latest firmware, so AHCI is running by default, and the beta Java didn't help, unfortunately. I also tried running the computer in safe mode. I did find a logfile in the CSE folder with the following information:

Thu Dec 20 10:10:06 2018
:INFO: CheckDriveCached: Drive Drive0 does not have a cache enabled
Thu Dec 20 10:10:06 2018
:ERROR: GetMPN: GetMPN Function not supported by the drive:Drive0

The drive I'm trying to manage (the only drive in the computer) is a MX200. 

Crucial Employee

You will need to go into the BIOS settings and verify the system is setup for AHCI, not RAID or IDE. Just because your firmware (I assume you meant BIOS) is updated, that doesn't mean your system is running in AHCI mode.

Have you tried unistalling the software entirely, deleting the Programs folder, then reinstalling again?

You should also try clearing your Java cache

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
gh1
Kilobyte Kid

I'm running AHCI system - I checked in Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, which reads "Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller". 

Then I uninstalled the application fully (inc. checking the folder in Programs has gone), cleared the Java cache, and re-installed. 

It still doesn't start. I then wrote a bootable USB disk to try and get the latest firmware on the drive. When it tries to boot from the USB, it won't fly. 

JEDEC Jedi

@gh1 IIRC the manual firmware updater for the MX200 does not support UEFI booting, so you will need to temporarily modify your BIOS settings to disable Secure Boot if enabled and to enable Legacy Boot.  Then press F12 during POST to get the BIOS boot menu, then select the Crucial firmware updater to boot.  Once the Crucial firmware updater is finished (successfully or not), restart the system and immediately enter the BIOS to return the BIOS settings to their original values so it will allow you to boot Windows again.

If this does not allow you to update the firmware, please provide details on what transpired and any messages.