Sudden MX300 Read/Write Slowdown to max 30MB/s

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bit Baby

Sudden MX300 Read/Write Slowdown to max 30MB/s

Hi.

A couple months ago my Crucial MX300 in my Win10 64bit desktop system started acting up. I don't remember doing anything particular at that time that should have caused it. I've been trying to figure out for a long time what is going wrong and finally noticed that it would max out to 100% in Task Manager while only transferring a max of 30MB/s. So I've been trying to figure out the cause now. For reference:

I'm currently downloading the Crucial Storage Executive software but after it when to 90MB in seconds, the download speed (server side) has since slowed to a crawl of less than 100KB/s and I honestly can't be bothered to wait until that finishes to post. In the last 20min it hasn't even downloaded 10MB and who knows how much larger that file is. Any help there would be appreciated as well since I assume that software is probably necessary to give out the relevant info.

Tags (2)
1 Reply
Bit Baby

Re: Sudden MX300 Read/Write Slowdown to max 30MB/s

Alright, so here's the situation:

I had a friend download the software for me and then send it to me. There likely was simply an issue with that particular's server connection to where I'm at.

After updating the firmware to the latest version using the software, it looks like the problem has been resolved. I've tried a couple things and it seems fine but I'll keep an eye on it for a while to be sure. 

So I suppose to the future person with the same issue: Update your SSD's firmware and that may already solve your issue.