Unexpected Shutdowns Occurring with MX500 After Updating Dell Inspiron 15-3567 Drivers

Kilobyte Kid

Unexpected Shutdowns Occurring with MX500 After Updating Dell Inspiron 15-3567 Drivers

I bought an MX500 for a Dell Inspiron 15-3567. After installing the SSD, I encounter a series of unexpected shutdowns. For awhile, I thought the connections or the SSD were defective but I was wrong. After 2 weeks of diagnostics, I discovered that the SSD becomes unstable after updating the system drivers. I'm not sure which driver it is but I know its a "Dell" system driver (possibly a Intel processor update too).  I believe the MX500 needs a firmware update soon. :/

Tags (1)
1 Reply
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Unexpected Shutdowns Occurring with MX500 After Updating Dell Inspiron 15-3567 Drivers

The only thing likley to affect the SSD would be the sata driver - Intel Rapid Storage Tech.  Try different versions of it.  I had a Dell and there was pretty much only one version that worked on it and was compatible with all my drives!

My two newer systems, seem to have been happy with whatewver version fo IRST I throw at them

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?