"osstatus error 22" when I try to clone

Bit Baby

"osstatus error 22" when I try to clone

I all,

I have a iMac 21.5" Retina (late 2015). I try to replace his original HD with a Crucial MX500.

I follow the guide  but when I arrive at the point to clone with disk utility, after some hours, I obtain an error:

"APSF inverter failer to invert the volume - Invalid argument
Impossible tocomplete the operation. (osstatus error 22)"

Someone can help me?

2 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: "osstatus error 22" when I try to clone

I would suggest you use Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) to clone the drive as it does a much better job than Disk Utility.  Another option is to do a clean install of OSX on the SSD, then on first boot to the new drive allow it to use Migration Assistant to transfer your User Folder, apps & settings to the new drive.  If you have proprietary software which requires license keys to activate then you will need them to reactivate the software after the migration, otherwise CCC may be your better option.

Since you are using the APFS filesystem, you can boot your system using Internet Recovery Mode so you don't need to create any install media.   Just make sure to use Disk Utility to erase the SSD before installing OSX or using CCC.   You can do all of this with the new SSD connected externally.  Once the installer reboots your system, you may need to manually do an Option Boot to select the external drive  to boot (it will be the orange icon) to finish the installation & migration.

Bit Baby

Re: "osstatus error 22" when I try to clone

Thank you so much!
With CCC I resolve my problem.