Mac memory used in Laptop

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Mac memory used in Laptop

HI guys first postime here. I have a question, would I be able to use a 4GB PC3-10600 APPLE MacBook APPLE Mac mini MEMORY RAM in my Hp elite books 2540p and 2560?
They both take this 204 so-dimm 1333mhz type of ram but it's says it's made for apple computer systems.

Thanks
3 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Mac memory used in Laptop

@Cmmon123 Thanks for contacting us today. Yes, it appears that this memory should be compatible with your system. We would recommend trying it in your system and if there is any issue we would advise removing the RAM and replacing it with the original RAM.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hello,
I am currently running my Apple mbp 13” mid 2010 release, on high Sierra os (newest os update January ‘18). I installed two 8gb crucial ram sticks for a total of 16 gb. I know Apple states only 4 gb of ram will work. The laptop boots fine with 10gb ram, as I have two spare ram sticks, factory ones, each 2gb. I’ve switched all the ram sticks, one factory and one aftermarket purchase from crucial. Did it with combination of all four ram sticks. Still only combination of ram sticks the Apple mbp 13” mid 2010 model will boot with is a max of 10 gb ram. I’ve read many forums and have not found an answer. Is there an EFI Update or some download from crucial or Apple I’m not finding? Like I said, os is high Sierra 2018, mbp accepts 10gb ram with no issues. I thought an update or download might be appropriate to inform mbp logic chip to be able to accept 16 gb ram. All help is appreciated. Thanks!
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Cb8687 Thanks for contacting us today. We can only guarantee that your system will accept 8GB of RAM. If you are installing more without any issues, then you may keep using it. We just can't guarantee that your system can utilize more than 8 GB of RAM. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?