macbook pro 15 2015 memory upgrade tools

Kilobyte Kid

macbook pro 15 2015 memory upgrade tools

HIiii guys,,,, i have a Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015 laptop. showbox.bio/ i wish to upgrade its memory. ive found the screw driver required to open the bottom case is a phillips 00 type. my question is would this kit mobdro.bio/ available from Crucial do the job, im not familair with the various screw driver type terms,vidmate.vet/ but this kit says it includes 000? am i correct that it needs a 00? does this kit include the one i need to upgrade my mac? 

heres the link for the kit????

2 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: macbook pro 15 2015 memory upgrade tools

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't upgrade the memory in any Mac Retina laptop. Basically anything from 2013 onward has the memory sodered to the logic board.

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Re: macbook pro 15 2015 memory upgrade tools

@DarylDixon1, I want to make sure you are providing the correct model for your laptop since you mentioned Phillips screws.  Open the Apple System Profiler and check the "Model Identifier" in the right pane.  If you have a 15" MBPro (mid 2015), then the model identifier will be either 11,4 or 11,5.  If this is the case (or you have any number "10,1" and higher, then you have a Retina model which is not upgradable.   If it shows "9,2" or lower, then you should have a MBPro which is upgradable.    You can also check the screws on the Bottom Case.  If they have 5 rounded points and have a  flower-like shape (Pentalobe), then you have a Retina model MBPro.  If it has a cross shape like "+" (Phillips), then you have a non-Retina MBPro which should be upgradable.   I will have to check, but I believe I usually use a #00 Phillips for the non-Retina laptop Bottom Case screws.