8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 204 pin don't work on Lenovo G570 - Blue Screen (BSoD)

Bit Baby

8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 204 pin don't work on Lenovo G570 - Blue Screen (BSoD)

I have just bought a kit of 2x4GB DDR3-1333 204 pin SODIMM but as I restart my lenovo G570 with the new memory installed I see the fatal error windows blue screen (BSoD)

i tried the following without success:

- swap the piece of ram

- install only one piece of ram

- have one of my current 2gb piece of ram and one of the new 4gb piece of ram. 

Please consider that I run win 7 64 bit home-premium and according to Lenovo and Crucial system scanner the Lenovo G570 should support a max of 8gb Ram DDR3-1333 204 SODIMM.

Can anyone help on this issue please ? 

9 Replies
Memory Hawg

Re: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 204 pin don't work on Lenovo G570 - Blue Screen (BSoD)

Can you link me to the memory you purchased here, if not give me the CT number off the sticker, thanks!

Are you using the latest BIOS?   If not I'd go ahead and update that now, with your old memory installed of course.  That may help

Here is the latest BIOS for your laptop, if you are using UAC you may need to right click and run as Administrator

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/DriversDownLoads/Drivers_Show_4481.html

Bit Baby

Re: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 204 pin don't work on Lenovo G570 - Blue Screen (BSoD)

first 4GB: CT51264BC1339.M16FD

second 4GB: CT51264BC1339.16FH

I've update the Bios but I still get the same BSoD.

Is it normal that the CT numbers are different ?

Thanks

Memory Hawg

Thank you!   No, I don't believe that is normal for them to have different end numbers like that, but I will try and get Crucial Dude in here to confirm for you.

Looks like you may have got a set that doesn't match somehow.  Did you buy from Crucial or somewhere else?

*Edit* I sent a PM to Crucial Dude, so he should stop by sometime tommorrow if he is in and reply about this for you.

Bit Baby

i bought them from this website last week. 

Although each piece of 4GB in two different orders...but I guess it shouldn't make a difference. isn't ?

Thanks for calling up the crucial dudes. Otherwise I will call the customer service.

thanks

Highlighted
Mo Betta Heat Spreada

The parts are the same spec, but they do have a different revision.  Typically this wouldn't cause any issues, but some systems are very picky.  You said you tested with only one piece of RAM.  Did you do this test with both sticks individually, or just the one?  If you did this with only one, go ahead and try the other by itself as well.  If one works and the other doesn't, then we know you simply just have a bad stick and need a replacement.

After doing this test, I would recommend contacting our Technical Support department so that we can make sure you get two sticks with the same revision.  Be sure to use the proper link for your location, and reference this thread so they can see the troubleshooting you have done.

US Customer Service

UK/EU Customer Service

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Memory Hawg

Thanks for stopping in Dude, I thought that looked like different revisions.   Hopefully some more testing and tech support can help him get things sorted out with a matching set.

Bit Baby

I've done other test and eventually I can confirm that the first piece of RAM (4GB: CT51264BC1339.M16FD) works on the Lenovo G570 but the second one doesn't (4GB: CT51264BC1339.16FH)

Do you think I can get the second piece of RAM replaced with another piece of RAM  that got the same code as per the first one (CT51264BC1339.M16FD) ?

Mo Betta Heat Spreada

To request a specific module like that, you would need to call in to do so.  Please contact our Customer Support department or use the links on our RMA page to request an exchange. Be sure to use the proper link for your location, and reference this thread so they can see the troubleshooting you have done.

US Customer Service
US Warranty and Returns

UK/EU Customer Service
UK/EU Warranty and Returns

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Memory Hawg

Thanks for helping get this sorted out Crucial Dude!

Sora82, please let us know how everything works out once you get the modules exchanged, thanks!