ASUS V6 M4A3000E memory problem

Kilobyte Kid

ASUS V6 M4A3000E memory problem

I recently ordered 2x2 GB for a new PC for my kids.

Using ASUS V6 M4A3000E barebone PC with windows 7 64 bit

When using an old 1gb stick the system works as intended but when I try installing my new crucial memory I only get black screen.

I have updated the bios to ver. 0404 which should be the newest according to ASUS.

I have also tried with only one stick at a time but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Memory part number is "CT1234154"

Tags (1)
14 Replies
Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Re: ASUS V6 M4A3000E memory problem

Hello,

Could you also provide the CT number that is actually printed on the modules?  This number will look something like CT25664BA1339.XXXX.

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

ct25664ba1339.8fh

They were ordered as upgrade for my system so I cannot understand why there should be any problem.

Memory Hawg

Thanks, hopefully Dude will get back to you on Monday about this!

Highlighted
Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Hello,

Thank you for providing the part number.  I have confirmed that this is a part that we list as compatible with the system.  When you say "When using an old 1gb stick the system works as intended" are you meaning you are mixing one new with one old and everything works fine?  Or do you mean if you put just the original back in the system by itself then everything goes back to normal?

The next step I would recommend is resetting the CMOS just to make sure there is not some setting that is causing a problem with the new RAM.  If this doesn't resolve your issue, please contact our Technical Support department.  Be sure to use the proper link for your location, and reference this thread so they can see the troubleshooting you have done.

US Customer Service

UK/EU Customer Service

Kilobyte Kid

If i put the original back in everything works fine - haven't tried mixing them...

I have tried resetting the bios and also pushing harder while inserting to ensure a proper contact.

But thanks for trying.

p.s.

I bought two pairs and both show the same symptomps so i guess it's down to compatibility?

Mo Betta Heat Spreada

I looked through everything again for this system, and I don't see a reason they wouldn't work.  At this point I would suggest contacting our Technical Support to exchange for a different chip build.

Kilobyte Kid

I have the same ASUS V6 M4A3000E with latest 0404 bios. I purchased the PC with a 8GB memory kit (2x4 GB) with the part number CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

After about 6 months I started experiencing memory related bluescreens. So I ran memtest86 and it identified errors in one of the memory chips.

So I ordered another of the same kit. Inserted one of the new onces and tried to power on. The display remains black. No bios message, post beep codes, no nothing. Tried to take out the remaining old chip and to use both the new onces. Still no go.

I can boot just find with the old 4GB chip and a even older 2GB chip I had laying about. Combined works too. But non of the onces in the new order seems to work.

Upon examination I notice a version number printed on the chips. The "old" ones that worked had version 9. something, while this latest pair has version 5. something (can remember exactly). 

Can this somehow have anything to do with the problem? 

Bank and Slot Hot Shot

Hello,

Please try the following installation procedure:

Install your 2 new memory chips (again)

Reset BIOS to default (again)

Set Memory Configuration > DCT Unganged Mode > AUTO

Set ECC Configuration > ECC Mode > DISABLED

Save and Exit

Good luck!

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Kilobyte Kid

The problem is that when any of the new memory chips are inserted I can't even enter the BIOS. When I turn the power on the CPU fan starts to turn. I can hear the HDDs spin up, but that's it. The screen remains black and nothing more happens.

But I'll try to reset the BIOS and change the settings before I swap the memory modules.