Are these genuine Crucial memory?

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Are these genuine Crucial memory?

In case my previous reply doesn't show up because the topic was "solved".  I too purchaed Crucial memory sticks on eBay and was guaranteed they were authentic, but the labels I have are almost identical to @turbonik.  Again, label looks authentic, but chips appear to be SEC/Samsung, but I can't find information on the chip number anywhere.  Are these any more legit, or another counterfeit?

20181106_162644 (Large).jpg20181106_162712 (Medium).jpg

Thank-you for your help!

Jason

3 Replies
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: Are these genuine Crucial memory?

@krambjas your intuition is correct. This memory has Samsung components which is not what the label says the part should have. This isn't to say you'll never see Samsung components on Crucial memory, it's sort of silly but memory manufactures often will buy memory from one another to use in their own parts, we will even occasionally do that.  

Due to some slight other quarks in the label it looks like the label was printed, then placed on a non-Micron/Crucial board and parts.

I would certainly return this to eBay and notify the seller.

Always be aware when buying memory from eBay, there are plenty of shady parts available with misleading labels. Go through Crucial.com/Amazon/Newegg, or other good reputable resellers if you want to be confident with your purchase Smiley Happy

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

That's what I figured!  I'm usually pretty careful, but the counterfieters keep getting better....

Thank-you for your help!

Crucial Employee

It's really hard to tell even for us sometimes. I often have to send the pictures to engineering because I am frequently 90% sure something is a fake, but there is enough uncertainty to warrant me checking with them. 

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?