Ballistix Trouble Shooting

Community Manager Community Manager
Labels (1)

If your Ballistix memory isn’t running stably, there are several things you want to check first.

* Do you have an adequate power supply? If you are unsure, use an online power supply calculator to help you calculate the power consumption of your system.

* Does your system have adequate cooling? Adding memory and other component upgrades to your system will increase the heat generated inside the case. This can cause instability issues if not properly ventilated. Fans are relatively inexpensive and can be easily found by doing an on-line search.

* Did you verify that your chipset and CPU support the memory speed you are trying to run? Did you check your timings AND voltage to make sure they are at the advertised settings? If these areas are not properly set up then your memory may lose stability. Replacing the memory will not solve the problem since it is a symptom and not the cause of the root problem.

* Finally, if you still need to run memtest on your Ballistix modules, please start from a cold boot with your DRAM timings and voltage at default or auto values in your BIOS

Comments
DrcMaxie
Kilobyte Kid

here my problem when i click the mod program... problem arises...

heres my screenshot...

pc specs... 

amd a6-6400k

msi fm2a75m-p333

8gb crucial ballistix tracer 1866mhz

error.png

Crucial Employee
Crucial Employee

Hi DrcMaxie,

Thanks for your message. 

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Ballistix MOD.  That is not actually an error I have seen before and I have looked in to it on our end.  

When opening the MOD utility can you click the second mouse button and select the "Run as administrator" option?  I would recommend trying that to see if it does help.  

If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.