CT8G4WFD8266: Discontinued?

Kilobyte Kid

CT8G4WFD8266: Discontinued?

What is the replacement part number for the CT8G4WFD8266 product, which is discontinued according to several vendors?  It was an 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM rated for 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300).  I would like to buy more of an equivalent model to fill up the rest of my DIMM slots in my AMD Threadripper system, but am having trouble finding a replacement.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: CT8G4WFD8266: Discontinued?

@__c__ I am very sorry for the delay in reply. Yes, we have discontinued this part unfortunately. The closest part that we still carry is a 16GB module, part number CT16G4WFD8266. What model of Threadripper do you have? Is it the Area-51 R6? 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.
Kilobyte Kid

Re: CT8G4WFD8266: Discontinued?

@Crucial_YogiH,

Ah, that's a bummer.  I have 4x of your 8 GB modules already so I was hoping to get 4x more of the same, for symmetry.  64GB of the 16 GB part is about twice as expensive, which puts it out of my budget for now.  (I'm surprised you discontinued an 8GB DIMM — I thought 16 GB was still a fairly uncommon size.)

The CPU is the AMD 1950X and the motherboard is the ASRock X399 Taichi, for what it's worth.  (Quad channel, 8 DIMM sockets.)