Crucial Ballistix is the worst RAM I have ever used.

Bit Baby

Crucial Ballistix is the worst RAM I have ever used.

I built a few budget towers a year or so ago. I was putting Crucial Ballistix in some of them. They worked great for about a year. Now, they are all coming back to me with failed sticks.

**bleep** Crucial?

Oh yea, claiming them on this joke that Crucial calls "Lifetime Warranty" is also a treat. I'm done with Crucial. While I could go through the rigorous process of getting them RMA'd, I would rather just cut my losses and move on.

The stick I just pulled out has the ID# CL1118R.SN. I haven't even checked to see what speed it is, but I assume PC2 6400.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: Crucial Ballistix is the worst RAM I have ever used.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Ballistix memory a year after they have been in production.  To have multiple systems fail at the same time like this is very strange and we would love the opportunity to troubleshoot and get to the root of the problem with you.  The memory that you are dealing with is end of life and we have not manufactured this part number for quite a while now.  If you would like to provide the full make and model number of your system, we can look at different options that we may have for you.  We ask that you contact us directly using the information that I have provided below.  We look forward to hearing from you. 

Toll-free for US & Canada: 800-336-8915 Phone: 1-208-363-5790 
Email: crucial.support@micron.com 
Hours (MST): Monday - Friday: 7am - 6pm 

Crucial_Ryan, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?