Crucial memory compatibility question for laptop - match pairs or all 4?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial memory compatibility question for laptop - match pairs or all 4?

So I have my main development rig, and as I'm moving hard into virtual machines, I need to upgrade the RAM.  The laptop supports 4 memory slots, two of which are populated with CT16G4SFD824 modules, 16GB DDR4-2400 SODIM 1.2V CL17.  I want to double the RAM to 64GB.

Running the recommeneded scan tool I get: "We're sorry.  Crucial currently does not have any compatible upgrades available for your particular system."

Interesting as the laptop is less than 18 months old.

So, I know about always matching pairs of RAM, but what about entire sets?  If I pick another matched pair of DDR4-2400 modules, will that be fine?

Thanks

2 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: Crucial memory compatibility question for laptop - match pairs or all 4?

I am sorry to see that your system is not pulling up any parts on the Crucial scan tool. If you would like to provide the full make and model number of your computer, we would be more than happy to submit a case to have it added.

The memory part number that you provided is still in production and being sold through Crucial directly, as well as third party resellers. This means that you can purchase two more sticks of the same part number and get the system up to 64GB of RAM without any issues. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns so that we can assist you further.

Crucial_Ryan, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial memory compatibility question for laptop - match pairs or all 4?

Ryan,

Well it's good to know I can still buy it, so I'll place an order today.  That said, do you have any memory lore regarding my original question?  Obviously, it would be good to match all ram modules, but what about disimilar matched pairs?

As for the laptop, it is an Eluktronics Pro-X P650HS-G.  I understand it's a rebranded Clevo.  If you need more details, let me know.

Regards,

C. Gilley