Crucial's suggested RAM and laptop's default RAM are in different frequency

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial's suggested RAM and laptop's default RAM are in different frequency

Hi,

As I want to upgrade my laptop's RAM, so I ran a test for crucial's suggestion. Then crucial suggested me some RAM with 1600mhz. But my laptop's RAM is with 1066mhz. Now I have couple of question...

1. Will that put effect on my laptop's if I by with 1600/1333mhz RAM instead of 1066mhz RAM? What would you prefer?

2. Can I buy others brand RAM instead of crucial's RAM?

TIA.

Tags (4)
1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: Crucial's suggested RAM and laptop's default RAM are in different frequency

@futan I am sorry for the delay in reply.  What is the make and model of the computer you are wanting to upgrade. For most systems, 1600 mhz RAM will clock down to 1066mhz if the system requires it to. This RAM is backwards compatible and can slow down with no issues. There are many different RAM manufacturers out there to choose from, so of course there are other options out there to purchase. All RAM purchased on our site by the make and model of your system is guaranteed to be compatible with your system and has a limited lifetime warranty. More reasons as to why we recommend purchasing Crucial RAM can be found here.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?