DIMMs for ASUS Prime Z370-A

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

DIMMs for ASUS Prime Z370-A

I used Crucial's site's search to find a compatible memory for my new build.

I was pointed to:

Ballistix Sport LT Gray 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 UDIMM

CT9827061

Then I wss pointed to Amazon:

Ballistix Sport LT Gray 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400

BLS2K8G4D240FSB

I assume these ae the same product?

Neither are on ASUS's QVL.

Are they compatible with  this ASUS mo-bo?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: DIMMs for ASUS Prime Z370-A

Hey voyager,

You are exactly right, CT9827061 and BLS2K8G4D240FSB are the same product. Part number CT9827061 is specific to our website and BLS2K8G4D240FSB is the base part number for that kit. We do guarantee that this Ballistix 16GB Kit is compatible with your ASUS Prime Z370-A. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any other questions.

Crucial_Mike, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I purchased Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-
Pin - BLS2K8G4D240FSB Thru Amazon.

Because this Crucial RAM was not listed on the ASUS Prime Z370-A approved list, I made an inquiry here (https://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-memory-for-PC-systems/DIMMs-for-ASUS-Prime-Z370-A/m-p/184856#M...) and on Amazon about its compatibility with this Mobo.
I was assured in both locations that it was compatible.

Life has become complicated due to my having become an "eruption evacuee" due to a Kilauea Lower Rift Zone eruption.
I now have no acess to a land line and am in a temporary location with very poor cell reception.
Working through Amazon does not look to be feasable for various reasons including the above conditions.

With all that said, here is my problem:

For the first week or two, the RAM seemed to work OK.
Then, I could not get the PC to start up again after having turnerd it off.
The power LED on the mobo would would light up, Ch1 fan and the 2 CPU fans would begin to turn then stop before actually fully powering up.
Turning off power to the mobo for 5, 10 or 30 minutes made on difference.
It still would not start up again.

After turning off the power to the mobo over night I could get the PC to start up again.
After playing with it for a couple of weeks I find that just shutting the PC down does not allow it to start up again, unless the mobo has had all power removed from it for an hour or more.
I'm finding this to be an unacceptable condition.
But, I can work with it for now because of the need for access to communication concerning the state of the eruption and gaining access to our home again.
I have an ongoing daily battle going on with the county, along with other residents, trying to gain access and being able to get back into our homes.

I need to get this problem resolved somehow without loosing the use of my PC.
How can this be done?

JEDEC Jedi

If you suspect the new memory is at fault you should remove it to see if the system still has the same problem.  However, I'm surprised you don't have problems while the system is running.  I would suspect you have a problem with another component.

You could reset the BIOS/UEFI settings to defaults.

Check if your firmware is up to date.  If it needs updating, do not run the updater from within Windows since your system is not booting correctly.   Instead create a USB installer or save the firmware to a USB drive and have the BIOS/UEFI update it manually.  Keep in mind firmware updates are always risky and you definitely want a reliable power source when performing the update.

Keep in mind motherboard manufacturer's and other OEM's will only ever list a couple of compatible modules and very rarely do they update the list.  The modules listed by ASUS may be the only ones they tested, but others may work.  If Crucial lists the memory as being compatible with your motherboard then it should be Ok.

I hope you can resolve this issue and return to your home soon.  Good Luck.

Kilobyte Kid

I'm not following what you're saying.

This is a set of 2 new DDR4 DIMs installed into a new mobo with a new CPU.

There is no other memory to be installed into it.

I have tried using both modules and only one of the modules.

The results are same results.

A new graphics card was also installed.

The only previously used parts are the HDDs and SSD as well as the PS, fans and case.

I was suspicious of the start button on the case for a while.

But, the problem still happens when the power button on the mobo is used.

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.

I have been convinced that it has to be either a mobo or memory problem.

It acts so much like a memory problem that I've become convinced that is what it is.

I'm still open to suggestions as to how to diagnose and determine the cause of the trouble.