Decoding Ballistix model numbers

Bit Baby

Decoding Ballistix model numbers

I am trying to decode the model number for Ballistix memory.  I purchased BLS  8G 4D26BFS E .16 FBD2.  MSI has these listed as verified.

BLS  8G 4D26BFS C .16 FBR2
BLS  8G 4D26BFS BK. 8 FBD
BLS  4G 4D26BFS C . 8 FBR2
BLS 16G 4D26BFS C .16 FBD
BLS 16G 4D26BFS B .16 FBD

my guess: BLS is short for Ballistix?  XG is the number of gig, 4D not sure, 26 is the data rate speed 266/2667, BFS? C/BK/E? the number after the dot i think i read somewhere the chips used, the FBR/D/2 no idea.  So i have no clue what the 4D is, no idea on the BFS, and not sure on the last letter number series.  I thought read it was about packaging.  Any idea what each of these means?  I don't know it a spaced them correctly.  I was spacing based on changes between parts.  I believe my memory is supported and just not on the MSI list.  The cruicial memory finder is way out of date.  The part that would maybe throw it off is the letter before the dot, the E?

3 Replies
Bit Baby

Re: Decoding Ballistix model numbers

well, i found the memory compatability checker on the product page is accurate.  and bummer, not compatible.  i would still like to understand the lettering and numbers on the model numbers.  thanks.  at least the memory checker has a better list than MSI.

Kilobyte Kid

i hope this helps youSmiley Happy 

Not like the Ballistix Tracer modules, which function an array of LEDs along the top edge of the modules (much like Corsair's XMS seasoned collection); the Ballistix modules are pretty undeniable of their appearance. masking the Micron parts are gold-colored heatspreaders that are composed of aluminum. Silk-screened onto both aspects of the heatspreaders is important's net-address (essential.com) as well as the Ballistix brand. On one side is a decal containing the part range (BL6464AA804.8FA) in addition to a decal containing the batch range (CL1115K.9X & CL111NFLC) and component (57169). hid in the back of the gold heatspreaders is a completely attractive black PCB. below are various snap shots of these lovely Ballistix modules.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Bit Baby

@kungfupanda wrote:

i hope this helps youSmiley Happy 

Not like the Ballistix Tracer modules, which function an array of LEDs along the top edge of the modules (much like Corsair's XMS seasoned collection); the Ballistix modules are pretty undeniable of their appearance. masking the Micron parts are gold-colored heatspreaders that are composed of aluminum. Silk-screened onto both aspects of the heatspreaderstv is important's net-address (essential.com) as well as the Ballistix brand. On one side is a decal containing the part range (BL6464AA804.8FA) in addition to a decal containing the batch range (CL1115K.9X & CL111NFLC) and component (57169). hid in the back of the gold heatspreaders is a completely attractive black PCB. below are various snap shots of these lovely Ballistix modules.

Awesome answer.! Smiley Happy