Difference between CT2KIT51264BF160B and CT2KIT51264BF160BJ

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Difference between CT2KIT51264BF160B and CT2KIT51264BF160BJ

What is the difference between CT2KIT51264BF160B and CT2KIT51264BF160BJ ? On the Crucial website I can see no difference. They're also the same price.

Would both work in a Medion Akoya E6224 and Medion Akoya P6660 ?

3 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: Difference between CT2KIT51264BF160B and CT2KIT51264BF160BJ

Thanks for your post! The difference between the two memory kits in question are related to the density of the memory chips on the module. The kit that ends in a 'J' (CT2KIT51264BF160BJ) is a high-density part, meaning the individual black memory chips on the module are a higher density. The non-J part (CT2KIT51264BF160B) is low-density, which is the most common type. For more information regarding this, you can go to the link below.

https://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-memory-for-PC-systems/A-short-guide-to-memory-chip-density/ta-...

The Medion Akoya E6224 system does not support the high-density (J) parts, although it is fully compatible with the low-density (non-J) parts. For all compatible upgrades for this system, click here.

The Medion Akoya P6660 system supports either memory kit. Please note that you are not able to mix high- and low-density modules. If you are planning on using the new memory alongside the existing memory, you will want to ensure you get the same density as the original. If you are planning on replacing all the memory, or using only Crucial memory, either memory kit will work for you. For all compatible upgrades for this system, click here.

Crucial_Jones, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Thank you for the quick response. It was very useful.

Bit Baby

Hi...only a Crucial representative can say for certain what the differences are between the two modules as detailed specifications are not readily available. However, looking at the photos, the modules appear to use different memory chips with respect to each other.

pcb turnkey assembly