Getting GIGABYTE GA-H87M-D3H to work at 2133Mhz with Crucial BLE4K8G3D21BCE1.000

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Getting GIGABYTE GA-H87M-D3H to work at 2133Mhz with Crucial BLE4K8G3D21BCE1.000

Hello Smiley Happy Back in December 2016, I bought as a Christmas present a memory upgrade to a computer system for a loved one. Since they live in another state, I didn't get around to trying to properly configure the memory until last year.

The motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-H87M-D3H. The memory upgrade was a Crucial CT5572342 BLE4K8G3D21BCE1.000 32GB. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to get the DRAM frequency set to 2133MHz in the BIOS setup. One can change all the other memory timing values, but, when one changes the memory multiplier, to anything, the frequency changes to either 1600MHz or 800MHz.

I talked with Crucial tech support but the memory kit is discontinued and they didn't have any info on it. They did say that GIGABYTE's site said that the motherboard only supported 1600MHz memory. So, barring some way of getting the correct memory frequency, I'd like to relax the timings. Currently my loved one's system is running with 11-11-11-27, at 2T, I think. The new memory kit can take 1.65volts, so, what would you recommend as lower latency timings? I'm not sure what timings might work, although, I could try by trial and error, but, I can't really do that as the computer system is one thousand miles away right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jdb2