Incompatible RAM? (Computer fails to boot after installing new memory)

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Incompatible RAM? (Computer fails to boot after installing new memory)

In the hopes of upgrading my PC I bought two  Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz DIMM) sticks. According to the Crucial.com scanner, they should be 100% compatible with my motherboard, however upon installing them in place of my old RAM sticks my computer would fail to boot, not even reaching BIOS. I tried reseating them multiple times and placing them in different slots but nothing made a difference. If I put my old RAM sticks back in my computer can boot again. I've tried all the stick one by one, changed the speed in the BIOS to 800, voltage to 1.5 then 1.59V, but no luck. Is there anything I can do apart from returning the stick?

My motherboard is a GIGABYTE AMD770 DDR3 AM3 SATA PCI-E (MB-GA-MA770T-UD3P).

Thanks!

2 Replies
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: Incompatible RAM? (Computer fails to boot after installing new memory)

Could you please provide us with the full part number of the memory you bought, should be like BLS4G3D1609DS1S00.M16FD as an example.

It sounds like you've tried already, but have you tested on module at a time?

What's the current BIOS revision for your board? Have yo updated it? Your board is from 2009, if you're using an oudated BIOS it could cause some issues with newer memory types.

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

(SOLVED): Incompatible RAM? (Computer fails to boot after installing new memory)

I ended up upgrading the BIOS, and it solved the issue Smiley Happy Thanks!