Is CT102464BF160B equivalent to CT4924989?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Is CT102464BF160B equivalent to CT4924989?

Your scanner recommends
CT4924989 as compatible with
Acer Aspire E1-572

http://eu.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?displayCompatibleLogo=1&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10152&pro...

Is CT102464BF160B also compatible?

Thank you
2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Is CT102464BF160B equivalent to CT4924989?

@ec-01 Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry for the late reply. The two parts are basically the same. When you order online by system information, you are shown what we refer to as an “external” part number, in your case number CT4924989. It is a system specific number and is mapped exclusively to the Acer Aspire E1-572. The longer part number, CT102464BF160B, is the one that would you see printed on your module, and that is the actual module part number, or the "base" part number.

There are other specifications to memory than the basic ones published on the site, and they sometimes requires us to filter out a certain build of a part for a specific system. The external part number can accomplish this, since we can build filters into them when necessary. Those filters are also the reason that we can only guarantee compatibility if you order by system; the external part number tells us which computer you are ordering for. If you order by specifications we don't know what model of computer you have, and that makes it impossible to guarantee compatibility.

You can order from either and should have no issues. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Is CT102464BF160B equivalent to CT4924989?

Thank you so much for this clear reply