10-18-2017 01:08 AM
I just got my new Ryzen 7 machine, however I'm facing an annoying issue with one of the memory stick. I'm using 2x Ballistix Sport LT Gray, which according to the Crucial site are certified for said motherboard: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/rog-strix-b350-f-gaming/CT10571570
The machine worked just fine when I got home, I run a 3DMark test and called it a night. On the next morning, while copying data from my old machine, it BSODed and upon restart, only recognized 16GB. I then started testing the memory sticks and quickly discovered that one of them fails. When using it, the machine doesnt even POST, the diagnostic LED lights up orange (to indicate memory issue) and I cannot even open BIOS.
I've tried everything I can think of, including but not limited to:
- upgrading BIOS
- resetting BIOS settings to default
- clearing CMOS
- testing the memory sticks one at a time at each slot
- testing the memory stick together in different slot combinations
- testing the memory with additional voltage applied
- testing the memory with lower speeds
- installing a fresh windows version (as this thread on Asus forums suggests similar issues might be due to OS: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94642-ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING-issues/page30)
- playing with various other BIOS settings, including boot ones
Nothing seems to help and I'm now out of ideas. The most interesting part is that when I went back to my vendor, the memory worked just fine on a different machine.
Do you perhaps happen to know about any issues with the Asus ROG Strix B350-F board? Or can you think of any other things for me to test/configure?
Thanks in advance
10-24-2017 01:12 PM
@Vasil Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with your upgrade. I would advise contacting us directly, so we can set up a replacement for the memory module. Our contact details can be found in my signature. I think at this point that would be the next step.