Memory Advisor Tool Total System Memory Vs. Intel MB Specs Different. Why?

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Memory Advisor Tool Total System Memory Vs. Intel MB Specs Different. Why?

New to this forum so hope this is in right place. 

I'm putting together a new system and will use Crucial Memory. Always have; however, the manufacturer's Motherboard specs do not match those given in the Crucial Memory advisor Tool.  Example: For this Intel Board DX58SO2 I'm considering for the I7-9xx processor I want, Intel specs say total max system memory is 48 GB.  The memory advisor says the total maximum system memory for this board is ~ 24GB.  What I am not seeing?  Haven't used the memory tool before so for the "guaranteed" compatibility results, does the Memory tool from Crucial step it back a notch or what.  Confused.  Hope someone can explain.  Thanks

2 Replies
Highlighted
Bank and Slot Hot Shot

Re: Memory Advisor Tool Total System Memory Vs. Intel MB Specs Different. Why?

It could be just a spec variance from the manufacturer. At one point, the manufacturer told Crucial that was max. So, Crucial may just need to update their data sheets. No big deal though. Most systems out there don't really need more than 6 GBs, unless you have a system that will be working like a server. And even then, if you were to use that system as a server, you'd want a different processor, like a Xeon. I have 12 GBs in my gaming machine, and it has never used more than 60% at anyone point in time.
Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Re: Memory Advisor Tool Total System Memory Vs. Intel MB Specs Different. Why?

Hello,

I will be contacting our compatibility group asking them to update this.  That being said though, we do not offer an 8GB module that would be needed to make 48GB possible in this system.  I'm not sure of when an 8GB module would be available.

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service