Memory management BSOD Windows 10 pro 64 Bit (Solved)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bit Baby

Memory management BSOD Windows 10 pro 64 Bit (Solved)

Hi, this is the hardware I'm using:

Intel Pentium G3260, 2x 3.30GHz

ASRock Z87 Pro4

1 x Crucial Ballistix Sport DIMM 8GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-24 (BLS8G3D1609DS1S00)

Windows 10 boots and runs for a while and then suddenly it crashes to a BSOD. It just happened again when i tried to install Office 2010. Is the RAM faulty?

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Memory management BSOD Windows 10 pro 64 Bit

How long have you had this system configured this way before this failure?  Are you running v1803 or v1809?   Have you installed any other apps recently or made any other system changes or have any other connected devices?

You can try running Memtest86 to see if it detects a memory failure.

Set your CPU & Memory to "auto" defaults to see if the problem persists.

Download a bootable USB Anti-Virus ISO and check your system for any possible virus that may have gotten past your own anti-virus.  AVG, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Comodo among a few others offer an ISO download option.  Some will automatically quarantine or disinfect while others will prompt you before performing any option.

Bit Baby

Re: Memory management BSOD Windows 10 pro 64 Bit

Thank you for answering and i apologize for not marking this thread as solved, wasting your time.

I figured it out i think.

It happened with a freshly erased SSD with a freshly downloaded version of windows 10 with the official microsoft installation media creator tool.

I went and checked to see how long the warranty period on the components was and found something interesting. The CPU supports memory up to a speed of 1333 MHZ and the mainboard up to 2933 MHZ and the memory itself up to 1600 MHZ so the BIOS defaults to 1600 MHZ which is apparently causing immense problems for the CPU. I lowered the frequency of the RAM to 1333 MHZ and so far not a single BSOD.