Purchased Crucial Memory Showing Different Timings

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Purchased Crucial Memory Showing Different Timings

I recently purchased Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 to upgrade my Toshiba S50-A-I2010's memory. I ran the Crucial Advisor tool and found a module to be compatible with my laptop. The part number is CT102464BF160B (CL 11, 1.35V).

My laptop already has a 4GB PC3L-12800S Hynix module installed. It previously ran at the JEDEC #7 timing (11,11,11) tRAS 28, tRC 39. The laptop is currently working fine with both the modules module but I get different info for the Crucial module in CPU-Z.

For the Crucial module, it shows as PC3-14200 (889 MHz) and JEDEC #7 timing as (11, 11, 11) tRAS 29, tRC 40. Will this result in any memory incompatibility and pose issues to my laptop?

I had attached the images from CPU-Z.

Crucial Module.JPGHynix Module.JPGMemory.JPG

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Purchased Crucial Memory Showing Different Timings

@umarfe Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry for the late reply.  It is kinda odd that the memory module is reporting a higher speed then it is, but I don't foresee any issues with that based on the info in the memory tab of CPU-Z. Everything appears to be running correctly and you haven't had any issues, so I think it's safe to continue on with it. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.