Question about crucial scanner

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bit Baby

Question about crucial scanner

I input my computer and model and got the ram info I needed.  But then I ran the crucial scanner and it tells me that no upgrades available.  I have HP envy m6 M1W24UA, with AMD FX processor, so I selected the envy m6 amd ddr3 and a ram option comes up.   But then I ran the crucial scanner and it says no upgrades available.

3 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: Question about crucial scanner

Thank you for contacting us.  I apologize for the wait on a response.  If you can please provide the serial number that should be located on a sticker on your PC, we would be more than happy to look into this matter for you.  With the serial number, we can check on HP’s website and find the model number that they provide for your PC and then search on Crucial using the model that they provided.  Either we do not have your system listed properly on the website, or we are attempting to search using incorrect model numbers.  You can also contact us directly using the information that I have provided below as you will typically receive a faster response speaking to us directly.

Toll-free for US & Canada: 800-336-8915
Phone: 1-208-363-5790
Email: crucial.support@micron.com
Hours (MST): Monday - Friday: 7am - 6pm

Crucial_Ryan, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

This scanner is not working properly on my device. I have recently updated it to Windows 10. After updating it is showing Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Error. Is there any solution to fix it?

Crucial Employee

@allensmith if the scanner isn't working you can try using a different web browser, and clearing your cache and cookies to see if that helps. 

In addition, we also provide the Memory Selector tool which lets you find compatible parts if you happen to the know the make/model if your system. You can also simply type the model number of your computer in the search field of our website, and it will often pull up the compatible page as well.

In regards to your Windows automatic repair issue, that's going to be a problem with Windows itself, so if you're unable to find help online through user forums, I would suggest contacting Microsoft or a local computer service center for assistance.

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?