Scanner Gave Me Wrong RAM

Kilobyte Kid

Scanner Gave Me Wrong RAM

I recently received a 2g stick of ram and it physically won't fit into my computer. The center opening hole thing on the stick does not allign with the socket. I did scan my computer from crucial and bought the compatable ram. But it's not compatable. This was the compatable page - http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=4805890431D926C3

My system is a eMachine EL1358.

I bought the 2gb single stick for 28.00 waited for about 2 weeks to come in mail just to be disappointed that it won't fit. Now I have to through the hassle of mailing it back for a refund.

Can someone please direct me to the right RAM to buy? I have no clue where to go now since the scanner directs me to the wrong ones.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Re: Scanner Gave Me Wrong RAM

I apologize for the incorrect scanner results, and have forwarded the issue to our web team.  I was able to find the specifications for your specific machine.  You have four memory slots.  Each slot will support up to 2GB of memory, for a max of 8GB.   Please see the following link for the correct 4GB kit upgrade for your system:

US Store

UK Store

Please contact our Customer Support department or use the links on our RMA page to request an exchange. Be sure to use the proper link for your location, and reference this thread so they can see the troubleshooting you have done.

US Customer Service
US Warranty and Returns

UK/EU Customer Service
UK/EU Warranty and Returns

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service