Slower Momentum cache since last update

Kilobyte Kid

Slower Momentum cache since last update

Anyone notice in the past month or since last storage executive update the momentum cache has been slowed down significantly to about half? I have this on 4 machines all the same with plenty of memory 16GB. Used to get as much as 5gb read/3GB write, now 2gb read/1gb write.

2 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: Slower Momentum cache since last update

Thanks for your question, and I am sorry to hear you're experiencing slower performance with Momentum Cache after the most recent Storage Executive update.

The first thing I would suggest would be disabling Momentum Cache and then uninstalling the Storage Executive software completely. After it is uninstalled, delete the 'Crucial' folder from the Program Files directory, then restart the computer.

Download the latest version of Storage Executive and reinstall it, then try re-enabling Momentum Cache to see if the speeds are any better. If you are still having issues, please let us know and we will be happy to continue assisting you!

Crucial_Jones, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Slower Momentum cache since last update

I did exactly as described and have same results all on 4 machines.  I suspect the softwar team changed the speed , can you check with them.  I have 16gb RAM on 3, and 8gb on 4th.

Thank you